Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Magnet Board: tutorial

 
So I got this plain ol' magnet board from the craft store, all inspired to make a cute one for my sewing room.  I love the way mine turned out, so I thought I would share this super simple craft with you.

You'll need:
Ribbon & Magnetic Board (I bought my board with ribbon already attached)
Small magnets
Bottle caps (use your own or buy them at the craft store)
Scrap booking paper
Hot Glue Gun
Mod Podge

1.  Heat up your hot glue gun!
2. Measure your board and cut out the paper accordingly, keeping in mind the way you want it to go on your board.  

3.  Glue pieces onto the board.

4.  Since your glue gun is hot, save time later and glue the magnet on the back of your caps.  Let the glue dry.

5.  Take your bottle caps and trace a circle on to the paper you want to use inside the caps.  Cut out the paper.
 6.  Use a brush to Mod Podge under your circles of paper and push it down into the cap.  Let dry.

7.  Mod Podge over the top of the paper in the cap.  Let dry.

Now, hang up your magnetic board and take a picture, post it on your blog & leave a comment here with a link! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, just last night I was pondering making a magnet board and now here are instructions for me!

    ReplyDelete