Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pillowcase Challenge

My friend Summer lost her dad over a year ago to cancer and has invited her friends to be part of the Pillowcase Challenge, donating 1 million pillowcases to hospitals.  I want to invite you to be a part of this awesome effort.  Please read Summer's blog (click here.)  I decided I would like to do 2 things to help in this effort.



First, after reading Summer's story, read my tutorial on how to make a simple pillowcase HERE.  Then, make your own, sending one, two, or however many you want to make to Summer (her address is in her post above.) 

Second, if you are local to Eugene and want to make pillowcases with a bunch of other women, I'm going to set up a time in September for us to make pillowcases at Our Sewing Room, a wonderful place set up with sewing machines, sergers, and cutting tables.  The cost would be minimal for our use, you would bring your fabric, and I could help those of you who are less experienced sewers! 

Please email me or comment here to let me know how YOU are going to participate! 

Thanks & good luck on the pillowcase challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment