Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Year's Resolutions . . . in February

They say it takes 6 weeks to form a habit.

I joke that I think I've almost got into the habit of eating cookie dough.  Yeah, yeah, I'm mostly just joking.  And on that note . . .

I teach several classes at the Y and am so proud of the newcomers who pour themselves into the gym in the New Year.  It's hard getting those habits formed.  I can't even say I would be in the gym as often as I should if I didn't already HAVE to be there.  In fact, I was sooooo tired yesterday afternoon that I didn't want to have to teach my 2 classes.  But I knew that I would feel so good afterward!  AND I DID!!!  It's amazing how exercise energizes our bodies. 

What I'm trying to say is Don't Give Up!  

Justin & I decided to start getting up before the kids so we have quiet time in the morning to read our Bibles. 

I am not a morning person.  

But it's been more than worth it!  I just completed "The Gospels in 30 Days,"  a reading plan on my iphone Bible app.  Honestly, it took me about 35 days, but there's this awesome feature in the plan that lets me "catch up" so it looks like I'm right on schedule and I don't have to self-inflict guilt about being "behind."  I love that. 

I also started food journaling in My Fitness Pal app.  There's not "catch up" feature though so I either have to stop eating cookie dough or stop journaling.  Which habit should I sacrifice?

No comments:

Post a Comment