Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Staging Autumn

 I love autumn.  I love the colors and the cold, crisp air.  I love volleyball season and the excitement of college football.  I love the hot beverages and the pumpkin treats.  I love the candles and the fires.  I love fall!

I can tell you (as I have before) that I am not a very good decorator, not that I don't try.  I know what I like, but have a hard time making it happen.  (Budget?!  What?!)  Anyway, I love turning my decorations for new seasons.  Here are a few inexpensive ways I've made my home a little more "fall-ish."


Pumpkins (the obvious fall choice):  $1.99 each @ Safeway, although I prefer to go to the Pumpkin Patch 
(plans for that later this month!)


Jar candles:  Pumpkin Nutmeg $7.99 for 2 @ Target
Orange Mum:  $5.99 @ Target


Scented Oil burner:  The Body Shop--scent:  Pumpkin Nectarine and Vanilla Spice


Colored tea lights:  $5.99 @ Target


Changed the ribbon on the frame!

What are doing to dress up your house?  [so I can steal your ideas!]

[P.S.--check out my super simple tutorial on thinkcrafts.com on how to make a no-sew tutu.  Perfect for a Halloween costume or any 3 year old's daily attire!]

No comments:

Post a Comment