Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pneuma Yoga & Food: 4 week update!!!

 Yesterday I started teaching a free yoga class to complete my community service so I can be YogaFit certified.  14 people showed up and we had a great class, (I think!). 
Here it is--my ONE photo of a few participants. 


More to write on that later!

Update on my "Lightening the Load" competition:
I started eating well and exercising even more about 4 weeks ago as part of a competition at my gym.  I had my last weigh in on Monday and guess what!?!?  134 lbs.  I've lost just over 5 lbs from my starting weight of 139.8, which I feel really good about (especially considering I gained 2 lbs first!).  Granted, the last 2 days I've been a TERRIBLE eater!  Chocolate truffles and cupcakes were like the little red devil speaking in my left ear & I I did not resist.  However, I savored them and only ate a little.  I wanted to eat a lot, but I didn't!!  Anyway, I still have a way to go, but it's encouraging to see progress.  One of my NY resolutions was to run a 10k by the end of the year and I really need to get running.  Hmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Dude. 134. I haven't seen that since I got married. Haven't been under 140 since Emily. You rock. I hope to be there (realistically) in like 6 months. Okay, maybe less. But we'll see. I'm looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday to see if I've made progress (thank you wii fit).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved, loved, loved the yoga class! Thanks so much, Jessica - you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your participants look so trim already!

    ReplyDelete