Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu 1/3-1/10

So . . .

Have you noticed that I often start off with "so . . ."??? 

I better start off on a good foot with all my goals I wrote yesterday.  After this post, I will have partially succeeded in 3 areas:

1.  Worked out this morning + ate fairly healthfully (hopefully on my way to dropping 15) .
2.  Blogged (helps in my goal to "blog regularly")
3.  Plan my first week of meals.

Aweseome.  Two-Zero-Eleven is going to be amazing.

On a separate note, that has everything to do with meal planning, check out this awesome blog where tons of people comment with their weekly meal plans.  

Here's my meal plan:
Mon:  Ground Beef fajitas
Tues:  Leftovers
Wed:  Fettucinini Alfredo w/shrimp
Thurs: Curry
Fri:  Pot Roast
Sat:  Leftovers
Sun:  Our weekly $5 Caesar's Hot 'N Ready :)

What's yours?!?  And a new recipe wouldn't hurt either.  :)

By the way, here's a couple of the recipes I use:

Pioneer Women's Perfect Pot Roast.
(She's so good I can hardly stand it.  I thought my pot roast was good until I did it "her way."  Darn it.)
Find it here:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/01/2008_the_year_of_the_pot_roast/

Alfredo Sauce (this one from allrecipes.com):

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup heavy cream  (I used 1/2 & 1/2)
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I ran out and had to use a little mozzarella)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions

  1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve. 

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you want to move out to Utah and cook for us! ;)

    ReplyDelete