Okay, so twenty-eleven doesn't sound nearly as catchy as twenty-ten. Maybe we can say twenty-double one? Yeah, not so much.
Although I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions, I have so many goals this year, it's insane. I was going to sit down and make a "to-do" list on paper, but thought I would blog my "to-do" list instead, hoping to create the illusion of accountability.
1. Lose 15 lbs. At least. 20 is ideal, but hey! What do they say about goals? Make them realistic. Maybe I should aim for 5. Hmmmm. I feel a little like Bridget Jones here. I do LOVE food--a lot. Mostly cheese, chocolate and wine. [sigh] I will do it. 15 pounds and Weight Watchers will help me.
2. Start Yoga outreach in Eugene. Our minds and bodies are connected. God made them that way--not the creator of yoga--the Creator of everything. Worshiping Creator God with mind and body? Uh, yeah. Duh. More on this later. Can't wait!!
3. Read the New Testament and discuss with my husband. I'm really, really excited about this. I become so distracted by everyday life that it is impossible to keep my focus on God's Kingdom, both here on earth and eternity. I look forward to renewal day by day through the Word of God.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 says, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
4. Blog regularly.
5. Sew more. My sewing room is overfilled with fabric. I need to use it! Plus, I'm taking my 3rd Fashion Design class this term and I need to actually DO my homework.
6. By the end of the year, I want to run at least 2 more 5k races and run a 10k. This will be hard without my running partner (who is pregnant! Hooray!), but I need to press on.
7. Plan a menu weekly. It needs to be flexible, but I need to be a little better with how I grocery shop. Plus, it makes it so much easier to know what I'm making ahead of time instead of the 3pm rampage through my pantry and freezer.
8. Update Etsy regularly. Good news! I actually listed some of my stuff on Etsy. I've sold a couple of things too, which is encouraging. I need to (sooner than later) list the rest of my ready-made items and then list them as I make them (see goal #5). If you want to check out my Etsy page it is here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/iamwhimsical
9. Since I'm pretty sure mostly women are reading this, I'm going to add this one: replace old undies with new. It needs to happen. I know there are others of you who should do this too. Please tell me I am not alone.
So this list does not contain things like love my family because those are things that I don't need to write down to do! I love them with a passion and actually have to balance the things I love and want to do with my family with the things I actually NEED to do!
Any inspiring goals you have?
Happy New Year!
Together at the Table Sale!
2 months ago